Spinach Soybean Pancakes
By Nmami Agarwal
Never underestimate the power of pancakes! They are not always meant to be sweet and loaded with honey. This healthy version of pancake includes soybean and spinach which are highly nutritious and appetizing. It is worth every try and really easy to make. It’s a total apt quick fix to your dose of breakfast!
Soybean is high in fibre, good for colon health and help in preventing breast and prostate cancer. It is a good source of several vitamins and minerals including phosphorus, manganese and vitamin K1. Spinach is also high in fibres which is a benefiting factor for digestion. It is an excellent source of iron while helps create haemoglobin. Egg white is advisable because it contains more part of the protein of an egg. Almond milk is a good source of calcium and is low in sugar content and hence, is the most healthy replacement of normal cow’s milk.
- 20g of soybean (soaked overnight)
- 10g of spinach
- 5g of coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Some portion of egg white
- 35 ml of almond milk
- 5g of Dry fruits for garnishing (almonds & cashews)
- Water for grinding
Fats: 12. 5g
- Grind soaked soybean into a coarse mix. Add spinach and coconut sugar and grind into a fine paste.
- Take out the mixture in a large bowl and add vanilla extract, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
- Now, add milk and egg white and mix properly.
- Your batter is ready and now you can start making pancakes.
- Pour the batter onto a heated pan and cook until brown from both sides.
- Add some dry fruits on the top and serve hot.
Over to you
With this dish on your part, you can never say no to pancakes. These scrumptious pancakes are loaded with nutrients and are good for health. They have sugar content but in a considerable amount and with that said, you should definitely try these.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: