Spinach Egg Casserole
By Nmami Agarwal
A breakfast casserole is generally prepared in a crock pot by keeping the ingredient together in a slow cooker and preparing the dish overnight that can go up to eight hours. But we bring you a healthy version of breakfast casserole that will save your cooking time and fuel also, while keeping the nutritional benefits intact.
- 20 gm onion – diced
- 3-4 baby spinach leaves
- 1 egg
- 20 gm Mushroom- diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper as taste
Calories: 130 Kcal
Carbs- 8 gm
Protein- 10 gm
Fat- 7 gm
Eggs are an excellent source of protein, also rich in Vitamin A, B5, B2 and B6. All this make them an excellent dietary choice to combat various diseases like fatigue, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and improve overall brain functionality. Spinach is rich in iron and calcium, thereby helps in maintaining appropriate oxygenation in the body and also maintaining bone health.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add onions, cook till onions turn golden brown.
- Stir in spinach and cook until wilted (about 5 minutes)
- Add diced mushrooms, dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Now beat egg separately, whisk till smooth and pour over the veggie mixture.
- You can transfer the ingredients to a baking dish and bake it for 30 minutes in an oven, or transfer the ingredients in a crock pot and cook over low flame till the egg becomes set.
- Remove from flame or oven and garnish with some more dried basil.
Over to you
Spinach egg casserole is an excellent meal choice for a power packed breakfast loaded with the goodness of eggs, spinach and mushroom. It is easy to make and comes out to be absolutely delicious. Do give it a try!
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: