Shredded Chicken Soup With Vegetable Broth
By Nmami Agarwal
This soup is very nutritious for all the non-vegetarians as it contains shredded chicken and is filled with the goodness of vegetables. Vegetables provide colour and nutrients to the soup. The goodness of vegetables are provided in the form of vegetable broth which can be prepared by boiling vegetables like carrots, beans, celery stalks along with herbs and then by grinding and straining the liquid from the vegetables.
Shredded chicken is a good source of proteins and carbohydrates and is relatively low in calories. Proteins help in building body tissues and muscles and carbohydrates are the power source of energy. Chicken stock is a store house of many vitamins and minerals which are highly nutritious and healthy. Vegetable stock comprises of vegetables like carrots, green beans, celery stalks and herbs. Herbs provide taste and flavour and are loaded with good nutrients too.
- 50 gm of shredded chicken
- 10 gm of onion(diced)
- 10 gm of red bell pepper(diced)
- 10 gm of green bell pepper(diced)
- 30 ml of vegetable broth
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 30 ml of chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
Calories: 107 Kcal
Proteins: 10 gm
Fats: 4.5 gm
Carbs: 3 gm
- Heat a small pot and over medium heat and add oil.
- Add onion, bell peppers and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Now, add shredded chicken, vegetable broth and chicken stalk, then season with salt, black pepper and thyme and cook for 5 minutes.
- Heat over high flame. Bring soup to a simmer and cook until the chicken turns tender.
- Serve hot.
Over to you
This soup is best for all your hunger moods and is a good alternative to oily snacks. Vegetable broth can be prepared by you at home and can also be bought from the market if you wish to but it is always advisable to make it at home. You can store a vegetable broth for good 1 month and use anytime you are making a soup.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: