Sama chawal ki khichdi
By Nmami Agarwal
This appetizing bowl of Indian navratri especial porridge is the most wholesome and easy to cook dish. With high nutritional content, sama chawal ki khichdi, stimulates immunity and gives you energy, therefore it is a must part of your navratri diet.
Barnyard millet is an extremely rich source of fibre which helps ease digestion and maintain cholesterol levels. The high amount of nutrients makes it more desirable. Sama chawal ki khichdi is a perfect blend of taste and health. Therefore, it is a must try this navratri.
- 30 grams barnyard millet
- 1/2 small green chili, finely chopped
- 20 grams boiled potato
- 30 grams carrot, finely chopped
- 20 grams tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 spring coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercons
- Rock salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard oil
- 1 cup water
Calories: 78 Kcal
Carbs: 12.2 grams
Protein: 1.1 grams
Fats: 2.3 grams
- Dry roast barnyard millet till brown and allow it to cool.
- Heat musturd oil.
- Add green chilies, bay leaves, cinnamon and crushed pepper. Toss all the spices well till it crackles.
- Now add all the tomato, carrot and potato and cook till tender.
- Add 1 cup and bring to boil.
- Now add the barnyard millet and cook properly till a creamy mixture is formed.
- Turn of the heat. Add lemon juice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
Over to you
This navratri, make sure you don’t get drained out of energy! Try this sama chawal ki khichdi and stay up with full energy to participate in every day to day task like every other day.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: