Roasted Pear With Pistachios
By Nmami Agarwal
Eating pears was never too boring! This recipe comes with a sweet, spicy and salty blend of ingredients and is an absolute hit-on if you were anywhere thinking of ditching pears. Topped with the salty pistachios, it is an amazing dish to satiate your taste buds. The recipe is such a pleasure to the eyes that you will definitely want to eat it up the moment it comes in front of you.
Pears contain huge amounts of fibres and taste amazingly mild and sweet. It also contains high levels of antioxidants, including vitamin C and K and copper. Pistachios are a great source of protein and fibres. They are low in calories and also help in losing weight. Hung curd possesses lower amount of sodium, helping in lowering blood pressure level. It is a healthy probiotic and is a great source of proteins and calcium.
- 1/4 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 small ripe pear
- 10 gm hung curd
- 1 tsp pistachios (chopped and toasted)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (freshly grounded)
- Salt to taste
Calories: 112 Kcal
Fats: 2.3 gm
Protein: 2.5 gm
Carbs: 18.5 gm
- Preheat oven at 425 degree F. Line a parchment sheet in a baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper and salt.
- Cut the pear in half lengthwise, scoop out a little bit of core and slice a small piece off the other side so as to make it lie flat when served. Brush all over with the oil mixture and place the cored-side down in the prepared pan.
- Bake the pear for 30 minutes.
- Take it out on a serving tray. Fill hung curd in the centre and top with some pistachios.
- Serve immediately.
Over to you
Include fibre-rich food in your diet as it acts easy on your stomach and makes you fuller for longer periods of time which helps in weight loss. This healthy recipe including roasted pear stuffed with hung curd and topped with pistachios is totally captivating. The flavours are absolutely amazing.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: