By Nmami Agarwal
This energy providing recipe is full of nutrients and good to fill your stomach. It gives a distinctive Indian flavor, due to the addition of cumin seeds, cinnamon and cardamom. As India is famous for its spices, this Indian dish has the content of some of the great spices. Adding the vegetable broth to the rice makes a delicious meal.
Since corn is a very good energy enhancer, it reduces the risk of anemia. It is rich in vitamin B, folic acid and iron which helps to produce red blood cells. You can use corn during pregnancy and it also preserves healthy skin. Corn also works as a miracle enhancer for those who are under weight.
Rice, if used in moderation rice prevents constipation and cancer and also controls blood pressure along with disease’s occurrence. Rice is also a great source of energy, being rich in carbohydrates, makes it a fuel for the body. It is also rich in vitamin D, thiamine and niacin.
Using virgin olive oil as a replacement for butter or any other random oil, it becomes a healthier and tastier version of oil. It contains large amount of antioxidants which reduces the risk of chronic disease and protects your cholesterol level. It contains vitamin K and E and has strong anti inflammation properties.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive-oil
- 20 grams – finely chopped onions
- 3/4th tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4th ground cardamom
- 1/4th teaspoon salt
- 20 grams long grain rice
- 2 ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds (hulled)
- 20 grams – fresh corns
Calories – 140 Kcal
Proteins – 2.3 grams
Fat – 5.35 grams
Carbohydrates – 19.6 grams
- Take a large saucepan, pour the oil in it and heat it over the medium flame. Add onion and stir it lightly till light brown in color for about 3 minutes.
- Add cinnamon and cumin stick, cardamom, salt and rice, stir it often, until spices are fragrant for about a minute.
- Boil the broth and simmer the flame, cover until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, for about 35-40 minutes.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a different pan on medium flame, stir constantly until fragrant and popping. Allow it t cool in a different bowl.
- Once the rice is ready, add the corn, cover and cook until heated through, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the roasted pumpkin seeds and serve it hot and delicious.
Over to you
Try our new recipe for the tangy Indian taste and with the benefits of pumpkin seed and olive oil. Let us know in the comment section below how you liked this recipe. You can add on vegetables and more spices to give it your taste.