Ramadan Special Chicken Fatteh
By Nmami Agarwal
Ramadan brings in the fondness to feasts and festivity! However, making a note to stay energetic with required nutrients throughout the day is equally important since one has to keep up by the time of fast opening. So, here we are with the filling recipe which will give you the needed energy in all the forms!
Chickpeas are a rich source of iron, vitamin B6, magnesium, fiber and potassium while offering multiple health benefits. Improved digestion, maintained weight and lesser risks of several diseases are few of the health benefits. Nonetheless, chickpeas are also laden with protein, making it an excellent replacement for non-vegetarian food.
Chicken breast, the most common poultry food item which is enriched with protein, magnesium, potassium and phosphorous. The best health benefit it has to supply is weight loss, anti cancer properties, controlled blood pressure and reduced cholesterol.
Calories- 287 Kcal
Carbs- 19.7 Grams
Protein- 23.4 Grams
For the Fatteh
- 20 Grams chickpeas boiled and drained
- 1 slice brown bread (toasted with olive oil, salt and pepper)
- 1 Tea Spoon olive oil
- 5 grams pine nuts
- 80 grams boneless/skinless chicken breast- cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
For the Garlic Curd Sauce
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 30 grams low-fat plain yogurt
- Take a large bowl and add drained chickpeas to it.
- Toss in the bread slice with little oil, pepper and salt and cook until it turns to golden brown.Transfer to the chickpeas bowl.
- Dry roast some pine nuts by the time it turns to golden brown and transfer it to the chickpeas and bread bowl.
- Now, in the same pan heat 1 teaspoon mustard oil, add chicken breast and season it with garlic powder, thyme, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper as per taste. Cook until the juices get evaporated.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to the bowl containing the other items.
- Chop the fresh parsley and add it to the bowl of other ingredients.
Garlic Curd Sauce- Take a small sauce pan, take the olive oil to heat, add the crushed garlic sea salt and mix gently with the help of wooden spoon. Pour in curd into the pan and stir gently for next 5 minutes over a medium flame until it turns into a liquid-like texture.
- Pour the freshly prepared yogurt sauce in the bowl of chickpeas, chicken, bread and other ingredients.
- Finally garnish with parsley.
- Ready to serve.
Over to You
Celebrate the Ramadan with all your devotion while staying up energetic and following a healthy track. This recipe is the same which will make you feel fuller from the stomach and help you avoid the early hunger pangs. HAPPY RAMADAN!
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: