Ragi and Oat Crackers
By Nmami Agarwal
The sound of crackers may not sound filling but it is filled with the goodness of ragi and oats. They taste absolutely amazing and are light on the stomach while loading you with enough fulfilling nutrients. Here is the recipe!
Ragi is a gluten-free grain which consists of fibers, calcium, good carbs, amino acids, and vitamin D. It helps in controlling diabetes and also prevents skin ageing. Oats provide good amounts of fiber called beta-glucan which decreases the amount of bad cholesterol levels and prevents heart diseases.
- 25 grams ragi flour
- 10 grams quick cooking rolled oats
- 10 grams whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon green chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic (lehsun) paste
- Salt to taste
Calories: 173 Kcal
Fats: 3.5 g
Proteins: 4.4 g
Carbohydrates: 31.2 g
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl. Mix well and knead them into stiff dough with water.
- Divide the dough into equal portions. Roll out the dough into round shapes of 200 mm diameter.
- Prick them with fork and cut them into square pieces using a sharp knife. Repeat the steps for the remaining dough.
- Arrange them on a greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree C for 25-30 minutes. When they turn crispy from both the sides, take them out and allow them to cool.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
Over to You
Prepare these yummy crackers instead of buying the deep-fried versions from the market. Give yourself the right nutrition the body needs.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: