Summer is always filled with travel, food, and music. They are filled with exciting and best foods to eat and get over your cravings. It is the best time to make up some new recipes. So I thought to make a yummy quinoa berry salad. This salad is a refreshing summer meal to grab on in this sunny weather and get nutritional benefits.
Nutritional Benefits: – Quinoa is a complete protein containing all essential amino acids. It also helps in constipation and blood pressure as it has good fiber content. On the other hand, berries are among the healthiest foods containing high antioxidants. Berries are low in calories and contain several vitamins and minerals good for health. Therefore this salad is a package of nutrition and taste.
- 20g quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- 10g kale
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 5g fresh strawberries, sliced
- 5g fresh blackberries
- 5g fresh raspberries
- 2g dried blueberries
- 2g pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1.5g olive oil
- Half lemon squeezed
- 5g chopped basil
- Oregano as per taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5g hummus
Calories: – 115kcal
Prepare the quinoa and kale
- Wash the quinoa and combine with water and add a pinch of salt in a pot.
- Allow the quinoa to cook and let it cool completely.
- Take the Kale leaves, wash them and remove the stems and cut them into very thin pieces.
- Sprinkle some sea salt on top of kale and squeeze fresh lemon.
- Rub the kale for about 2-3 minutes or until it is tender.Rinse the kale and dry it and mix it mix with quinoa.
Prepare the salad toppings
- Rinse the berries and dry them.
- Chop the berries and the nuts.
- Now add the kale and quinoa mixture with the berries mixture.
- Mix the dressing well.
- Toss all the ingredients and the dressing and enjoy!
Over to You: – Summer is the all about sun, sand and really good food. This is a delicious berry, quinoa, salad perfect for healthier eating goals! So enjoy!
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: