Pumpkin Coconut Bisque
By Nmami Agarwal
Pumpkin coconut bisque is one of the finest ways of preparing healthy pumpkin soup. It is one of the soothing recipes you can choose to prepare for your dinner and has numerous health benefits. It is a low-calorie meal which allows you to lose weight.
Pumpkin is rich in Vitamin A, Lutein, and zeaxanthin which protect the eyesight. It also has antioxidant properties which help in reducing the risk of chronic diseases. Healthy pumpkin soup is great for weight loss and it also supports heart health. It is high in fiber and low in calories.
Calories: 88 Kcal
Carbohydrates: 9.2 gm
Fats: 2.1 gm
Proteins: 2.9 gm
- 60 gm pumpkin
- ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 20 gm chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup low-salt vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 20 ml unsweetened coconut milk, divided
- Salt and pepper
- Pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Boil vegetable broth, coconut sugar, allspice, pumpkin, and crushed red pepper and then reduce the heat. Cover the lid and simmer until flavors blend for 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender until smooth. Pour the soup back in the pot and then the soup with coconut milk to the desired consistency.
- Season the soup with desired salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowl and season it with pumpkin seeds and drizzle with the teaspoon of coconut milk.
Over to you
Coconuts add up benefits of the soup. Pumpkin coconut bisque is high in flavors and packs numerous health benefits.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: