Pearl Millet Veggie Mix
By Nmami Agarwal
Overindulged in too many sweets and fried food this Diwali? Now Diwali is over and it’s time to get back on fitness track! Try this power packed delicious pearl millet or bajra recipe which is perfect for you and your family detoxifying process.
Pearl Millet or Bajra contains phyto-chemical and it is believed to control cholesterol in the body. It is rich in essential compounds like protein, fiber, minerals and protein. In addition to that it has essential amino acids and vitamins which contribute to therapeutic
properties. Because of its richness in insoluble fiber content it tends to digest slowly and release glucose at a slower rate as compared to other foods.
- 10 grams pearl millet or bajra
- 10 grams moongdal
- ½ teaspoon jeera
- ¼ teaspoon heeng
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Salt as per taste
- 15 grams cauliflower(chopped)
- 10 grams fresh green peas
- 15 carrot(chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1-2 green chilies (finely chopped)
- Inch of ginger (finely chopped)
- 4-5 cup of water or as required
Calories: 130 Kcal
Proteins: 4.6 grams
Fat: 5.6 grams
Carbohydrates: 14.2 grams
- Soak bajra and moong dal for about half an hour.
- Put pressure cooker on medium flame and add 1 teaspoon of oil in it.
- Add hing and jeera to it. When heengand jeera get splutter up then add green chili and ginger to it.
- Saute for one minute and then add tomatoes to this.
- Cook for around two minute and then add all the remaining vegetables.
- Roast them for five minute and then add soaked bajra and moong dal to it.
- Roast this for one minute and finally add water to this.
- Add salt and mix well. Cover the lid and cook on high flame.
- After one whistle lower the flame and cook for about any other 3-4 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot along with chutney, papad and curd.
Over to you
Add a bowl of this warming and nutritious pearl millet vegetable mix in your post Diwali lunch or dinner scenes as it is a complete meal and keep you feel full and satisfied for long and aids in detoxification process.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: