Panchmel ki Sabzi
By Nmami Agarwal
Panchmel ki sabzi is a very popular, healthy and authentic vegetable dish from Rajasthan. The word “panchmel” means a combination of five ingredients and in this recipe a combination of gawarfali, chawli, capsicum, cucumber, and carrot is used. This rich, creamy and colorful recipe is a side which dish goes well along with any flat bread.
Green beans such as gavar fali and chawli contains many essential vitamins. It also offers average amounts of minerals such as iron, copper, manganese, calcium and magnesium. It reduces the risk of adverse health conditions and promotes a healthy complexion, increased energy and overall lower weight. Carrots are loaded with vitamin A, antioxidants and cucumber is low in calories which maintain low blood sugar level. Amchoor powder used in the recipe along with enhancing taste also provides tangy flavor which is good for your digestion and stimulates detoxification.
- 20 grams French beans (gavarfali)
- 20 grams long beans (chawli)
- 15 grams capsicum cubes
- 15 cucumber cubes
- 10 grams carrot cubes
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 1-2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon dried mango powder (Amchoor)
Calories – 69.3 kcal
Proteins – 1.3 grams
Fat- 5.2 grams
Carbohydrates – 3.8 grams
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds, ginger and garlic into it. Sauté it on a medium flame for about 30 seconds.
- Add the cluster beans, long beans, capsicum, cucumber, carrots, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt to the pan along with 3 tablespoon of water and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on a medium flame for about 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Finally add the dried mango powder to it, mix well and cook on a medium flame for about 1 minute, by stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot along with chapatti and rice.
Over to you:
There are many other mouth-watering Rajasthan delicacies such as Ker-sangri sabzi, Ghevar, Genhu ki Bikaneri Khichdi, Kesari Bhat, Missi roti and many more that you can enjoy by preparing at your home. Enjoy this delicious recipe and share your experience with us!
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: