Organic Farm Salad
By Nmami Agarwal
Organic Farm Salad is an inspired version of the Persian style dish which is cooked with organic veggies such as mushroom; spinach and bell peppers. It is a dish packed with wholesome flavours. The taste of this dish is similar to that of a quiche but without high calories. It works well as a side dish, for a brunch or just about any-time of the day.
Spinach and mushroom has good amount of satisfying protein, potassium and full of antioxidants and phytochemicals. Incorporating this spinach, mushroom and bell pepper mix in your diet will help you in lowering cholesterol and improve immune health. Along with it is also rich in minerals such as iron; selenium and vitamin such as A and D.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 20 grams red onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 clove garlic, minced
- 50g mixed bell peppers, cut into half inch squares
- 50g mushroom, thinly sliced
- 20 grams of spinach fresh leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, pepper, chilli powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- Coriander for garnishing
Energy- 88.5 Kcal
Protein- 2.7 grams
Fat- 4.85 grams
Carbohydrate- 5.2 grams
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil over a medium flame.
- In a hot wok add few finely chopped onions and garlic cloves.
- Keep them cooking; until the onion turns slightly brown in colour.
- Now add diced bell peppers; mushrooms and spinach leaves in a previous pan.
- Stir frequently and cooked until the veggies they are tender.
- In serving bowl; add all the organic veggies (onions; mushroom; bell peppers and spinach) and sprinkle salt; red chilli and cover the pan for few minutes.
- Serve hot and choose to garnish with few coriander leaves and oregano.
Over to you
Have a crunch on this easy vegetable dish this farmer’s day with lip smacking flavours! Share the recipe around and enjoy the essence of farming day.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: