By Nmami Agarwal
Crunchy and lip-smacking is the word for these oats lollipops! Made with nutritious oats, jaggery, nuts and sesame seeds, this recipe is a complete pack of nutrition for your kid. After all it’s always better when nutrition and taste come hand in hand.
Oats are an excellent source of a fiber called beta-glucan which helps in decreasing bad cholesterol levels in your body and also prevents heart diseases. Sesame seeds help in boosting metabolic function and are also rich in fiber content. Almonds contain vitamin E, walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and pistachios are filled with fibers.
- 20 grams quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 5 grams jaggery, chopped
- 10 grams mixed nuts (pistachios, almonds, walnuts), lightly roasted and chopped
Calories: 179 Kcal
Fats: 7.1 g
Proteins: 5.5 g
Carbohydrates: 19.9 g
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan leaving some behind for greasing. Add jaggery and cook on a slow flame until it starts melting. Stir continuously to avoid any lumps.
- Switch off the flame and add all the other ingredients including oats, and nuts. Mix well and keep it aside for 2-3 minutes.
- Grease your hands with the remaining ghee. Divide the mixture into equal parts and shape each portion into round balls by rolling in between your palms and insert a small disposable stick in the centre.
- Cool completely and serve.
Over to You
This makes around 4-5 lollipops and they can be stored in an air-tight container for future uses. They taste amazing and are equally healthy to be consumed.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: