Oats and Cinnamon Baked Apples
By Nmami Agarwal
Oats and Cinnamon baked apples make the perfect easy breakfast or brunch. This healthy recipe is made with all natural ingredients and is refined sugar-free. Apples here are packed with oats, cinnamon, cranberries, and crunchy walnuts. This is a delightfully family meal filled with quixotic seasonal flavors.
Oats is a gluten free wholegrain which is filled with important vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. It helps in reducing weight, blood sugar level, and also reduces the risk of heart diseases. They are also a good source of carbs and fiber and reduce the risk of heart disease by reducing both total and LDL cholesterol. Apples are also a good source of fiber and vitamin C and they also contain polyphenols which is linked to lower blood pressure and stroke risk. Apples also contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that may help regulate immune response and promote bone health.
- 20 grams rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup of water
- A drop of honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 50 grams – Apple (top sliced and insides hollowed)
- ½ teaspoon dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon chopped walnuts
Calories – 133.8 kcal
Proteins – 3.04 grams
Fat – 3.3 grams
Carbohydrates – 21.9 grams
- In a medium pan over medium heat, combine oatmeal and water and stir occasionally until creamy.
- Stir in a drop of honey and ground cinnamon to it and let it cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius and transfer the apples to a glass baking dish and spoon in the prepared oatmeal.
- Bake the apples for about 35 minutes or until the apples turn soft and bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts and dried cranberries and serve.
Over to you:
The best part is this recipe is that it can be assembled, covered, and refrigerated overnight to bake in the morning. So if you are looking for ways to sleep a bit longer in the morning, then this healthy Oats and Cinnamon Baked Apples is the perfect solution.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: