Moth Beans Curry
By Nmami Agarwal
Moth beans curry is healthy curry made with energy filling moth beans and nutrient-rich spinach which combines to serve many benefits and it is easy to prepare.
Moth beans are low in cholesterol and fat. It is rich in protein, calcium and fiber. It helps in boosting immunity and provides the body energy. Moth beans also supply B vitamin, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus.
Calories: 162 Kcal
Carbohydrates: 19.4 gm
Proteins: 8.6 gm
Fats: 4.4 gm
- 30 gm chopped spinach
- 30 gm sprouted matki (moth beans)
- 20 gm finely chopped tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon mustard oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 7 to 8 curry leaves1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 3 whole dry red chilies , broken into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ tablespoon freshly grated coconut
- Combine spinach, tomatoes, salt, sprouted moth beans in a non-stick pan and mix well.
- Cover with a lid for 10-12 minutes on medium flame and stir occasionally.
- Ground coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, garlic, red chilies, turmeric powder and grated coconut in a blender and form a paste.
- Add the paste and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium flame and stir occasionally.
- Heat the olive oil and add mustard seeds.
- Add garlic and curry leaves and sauté on a low flame.
- Mix this tempering in curry and cook for one minute on a medium flame.
- Serve hot.
Over to you
Moth curry is a super healthy curry recipe. It can go with rice, roti or anything preferred. It is easy to prepare and has numerous health benefits.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: