By Nmami Agarwal
Moong soup is a light meal as it can be easily digested and plays a crucial part in the process of recovery. Also, it’s one of the healthiest meals to lose weight.
Moong beans are rich in proteins, have amino acids, healthy antioxidants and high in fiber. Moong lowers LDL cholesterol which is bad cholesterol and also reduces heart disease rate. Nonetheless, it’s antiviral, anti-cancerous, anti-toxic and increases immunity.
Calories: 72 Kcal
Fats: 2.8 gm
Proteins: 3.6 gm
Carbs: 8.4 gm
• 30 gms moong (whole green gram), soaked and drained
• ½ teaspoon olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
• 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
• 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped green chilies
• 4 to 5 curry leaves
• Salt to taste
• 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Add 3 cup water and moong dal in pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 3 minutes
- Let the steam out before opening the lid and do not drain the water.
- Blend moong dal till it gets smooth using the hand blender and keep it aside.
- Heat the olive oil in non-stick pan and add cumin seeds.
- Add asafetida, curry leaves and green chilies and sauté for few seconds on medium flame.
- Add and mix the moong mixture, salt and 1 cup water for few and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- Mix lemon juice.
- Serve hot.
Over to you
Moong soup is a comforting light meal. It helps in recovery, weight loss and lowers blood sugar levels. Moreover, it’s an easy and healthy recipe with the goodness of fiber and richness of protein.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: