Moong Dal Crispies
By Nmami Agarwal
For the times you crave for some healthy evening snacks or want to pack them then this recipe of moong dal crispies is just to go for! Moong dal combined with whole wheat flour and sesame seeds taste delicious and is filled with nutrients.
Yellow moong dal is a good source of protein, B complex vitamins, calcium and potassium. Due to the dietary fibers present in it, it eases digestion and keeps your stomach healthy. Whole wheat contains rich amounts of fiber content and also contains iron and zinc. Sesame seeds boost the metabolic functioning of the body and also keep heart healthy.
- 20 grams yellow moong dal (split yellow gram), soaked for 30 minutes and drained
- 20 grams whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger-green chili paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Calories: 119 Kcal
Fats: 3.2 g
Proteins: 3.9 g
Carbohydrates: 19.3 g
- Blend the yellow moong dal in a mixer into a coarse paste. Transfer the paste into a bowl and mix all the other ingredients to form semi-stiff dough.
- Cover with wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll out each portion into a 225 mm diameter thin circle and cut them into diamond shaped pieces with a sharp knife.
- Air fry the crispies until they turn a little golden and crisp.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
Over to you
Air fry the crispies to avoid any kind of oil content because oil is not healthy for people across all ages. If you wish to, you can also bake them and enjoy a nice time!
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: