By Nmami Agarwal
Minestrone is a healthy Italian soup recipe made with wonderful veggies and goodness of pasta. We have given this traditional recipe a healthy twist by replacing refined flour pasta with whole wheat pasta. Generally, there is no fixed set of veggies that are put in this soup and you can go ahead with any healthy bunch of seasonal veggies that you like.
Whole wheat pasta is rich in Vitamin B that keeps a check on your metabolism and keeps your nervous system healthy. It is also loaded with minerals like copper, magnesium and selenium that offer range of health benefits from boosting immunity, to fighting off seasonal illnesses. French beans are relishing source of vital nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin A, iron, calcium, and magnesium. All of these nutrients aid in boosting overall health and well-being.
- 20 gm finely chopped onions
- 20 gm finely chopped French beans
- 20 gm cup finely chopped carrots
- 20 gm finely chopped tomatoes
- 20 gm thinly shredded cabbage
- 45 gm whole wheat elbow pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
Calories – 115 Kcal
Carbs– 10 gm
Protein– 3.5 gm
Fat– 2.6 gm
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan; add onion, French beans, and carrots. Sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and bring to boil, while stirring once in between.
- Add the tomatoes, and cabbage. Then add seasoning and whole wheat elbow pasta, mix well and cook on a low flame for 10 minutes or till the pasta is cooked.
- Add pepper, mix well and simmer on a slow flame for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Over to you
Fairly easy to make, minestrone soup is an Italian delicacy that can serve both as a soup and as a meal. So, the next time when you are struggling between eating healthy and feeling lazy to cook, give this soup a shot and let it nourish your body with perfect blend of carbs and veggies.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: