By Nmami Agarwal
Lettuce wraps are one of the easiest ways to prepare healthy, quick and appetizing lunch. It has benefits of chickpeas along with nutty tahini dressing. It is a perfect ‘grab and go’ meal to take pleasure over.
Chickpeas offer numerous health benefits. It is rich in various vitamins, fibers and minerals. Chickpeas help in losing weight by burning fats and calories. Chickpeas significantly reduce LDL cholesterol levels and aid various heart problems. The protein content in chickpeas makes it a good replacement for vegans.
Calories: 142 Kcal
Carbohydrates: 21.7 g
Proteins: 6.5 g
Fats: 3 g
- 2 large Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 toasted almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- Salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 30 gm boiled chickpeas, rinsed
- ½ cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- ½ cup thinly sliced shallots
- Put lemon zest, lemon juice, paprika and coconut sugar in a bowl
- Add chickpeas, shallots and pepper and toss to coat.
- Put the mixture on lettuce leaves. Top it with almonds and parsley.
- Wrap the lettuce leaves around the filling and serve.
Over to You
Chickpeas have numerous benefits and also offer fiber and protein making this recipe a rich meal to inculcate in your diet. Lettuce wrap is a great way to prepare such meal which will be loved by everyone.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: