By Nmami Agarwal
Hunger can strike at really odd hours, especially during the time gap between your lunch and dinner. Most of us tend to binge-eat during these hours of the day. But no more! Say yes to this healthy soup bowl that is loaded with amazing nutrients that will nourish you and at the same time will satiate your taste buds. The best part is that this delicacy is prepared without using any oil at all!
Quinoa is an excellent source of complete vegetarian protein comprising of all of the nine essential amino acids. Therefore, it helps in building muscles and providing great energy. It is low in glycaemic index and hence a great choice for people that have Diabetes. Quinoa contains quercetin a plant based flavonoid that has anti-inflammatory and disease fighting properties. Lemon rind is an excellent source of Vitamin C and calcium, and thus it is excellent for bone health and immunity.
- 35 gm Quinoa
- ½ tsp lemon rind
- 20 gm baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ cup water
- Salt and pepper (as per taste)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
Calories –135 Kcal
Carbs– 24 gm
Protein– 6 gm
Fat– 2.2 gm
- Combine water, quinoa, lemon rind and garlic in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 15 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
- Add the spinach, salt and pepper powder and mix well and cook on a medium flame for few minutes, while it stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the flame and add lemon juice.
- Serve hot.
Over to You
A combination of iron rich spinach, with protein rich quinoa and vitamin C rich lemon ensures a valuable health token that you gift to yourself and your family during the mid-time hours of the day. Try out this healthy delicacy and let us know of your feedback in the comment section below!