By Nmami Agarwal
Salads are always in! The most healthy and easy to prepare, Tabbouleh is a Middle Eastern recipe made with fresh onions and tomatoes mixed with fresh parsley. It can be eaten alongside your favourite dishes or as a stuffing to your burritos.
Parsley contains vitamin K which is good for bone health, vitamin C which helps in building immunity and is also a good source of beta carotene, an antioxidant that protects the cell from free radical damage.
Tomatoes and onions are rich in fibers and other nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin K1, potassium and folate.
- 20 grams finely chopped curly parsley
- 20 grams tomato, finely chopped
- 20 grams onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Lemon to squeeze
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grounded black pepper
Calories: 52 Kcal
Fats: 2.2 gm
Proteins: 2.3 gm
Carbohydrates: 4.7 gm
- Combine parsley, onion and tomato in a deep bowl. Mix well.
- Add freshly grounded black pepper, salt and olive oil and toss it to mix well.
- Top it with some fresh lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.
Over to you
Toss these ingredients in a bowl and give your body a fresh salad fix! It’s easy to prepare and is a perfect light meal to have.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: