By Nmami Agarwal
Big shout out to all the weight watchers out there to try out this wonderful and smart soup recipe that’s low in calories, has negligible fats with loads of nutritional benefits. It is mild in calories, and is easy on your digestive system, with zero “bad” fat and tremendous good health benefits.
Zucchini is well known for its wonderful benefits for promoting healthy skin, aiding in weight loss, and improvement of digestion. Red bell peppers are rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C that work to improve your immune health. Thyme is a wonderful herb that is excellent for sore throat, arthritis and stomach ache. Broccoli can help in building collagen that can help in wound repair and maintenance of tissue and bone health. It is also a rich source of Vitamin C and polyphenols that help building your body’s defence mechanism.
- 50 gm Zucchini- diced or cubed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 gm onion- diced
- 20 gm red pepper- diced
- 20 gm broccoli, small florets
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp table salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- ½ tsp olive oil
Calories –60 Kcal
Protein– 1.7 gm
Fat– 2 gm
- Add olive oil to a small sauce pan and allow it to heat for a minute.
- Add onion, garlic, bell peppers, and sauté for 3-5 minutes
- Next add in the zucchini and broccoli, then season with salt, pepper, and thyme, and cook about 5 minutes. Pour in the water.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer, partly covered, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Use immersion blender to puree the soup.
Over to you
Try out this excellent low calorie and vitamin rich delicacy and serve yourself and your family with the burst of polyphenols, antioxidants and immune strengthening compounds.