Hummus Veggie Panini
By Nmami Agarwal
This Hummus Veggie Panini recipe is a very simple recipe and yet it tastes so amazing. Hummus can prepared earlier and stored and whenever you feel hungry just load the sandwich with hummus and veggies, and toast it on a cast iron skilled or on a griller which gives that required crust to the sandwich.
Traditionally hummus is made from chickpeas and is low in fat, typically contains no sugar and is low in calories. It is also high in protein, and hence provides energy without packing on the pounds. Hummus provides a range of vitamins and minerals and in addition to that it is also rich in iron, folate, phosphorus, and B vitamins. This hummus veggie Panini is prepared from whole wheat baguette and one of the main advantages of that is the amount of dietary fiber in it.The fibers contribute to colon activity and health;it prevents constipation and reduces the risk of colon cancer. In addition to that fibers also contribute to a sense of satiety over time and sustain a healthy body weight.
To prepare hummus
- 10 gm dried white chickpeas
- 1 ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
To prepare veggie Panini
- 15 gm yellow, green or red bell pepper (sliced)
- 10 gm onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 lettuce leaves
- 5 gm broccoli
- 10 gm carrot (finely shredded)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ whole wheat baguette (cut into two sandwiches)
Calories – 188.2 Kcal
Protein – 5.1 g
Fat – 10.5 g
Carbohydrates – 18.2 g
To prepare hummus
- Soak the dry chickpeas in enough water for overnight.
- Next day add the chickpeas in a pressure cooker and add salt to it. Pressure cooks it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When the chickpeas are cooked, mash them with the spoon properly.
- Now in a food processor, add mashed chickpeas, salt, garlic, cumin powder, extra virgin oil, and lemon juice and blend well.
To prepare hummus veggie Panini
- Toss onion, broccoli, carrots, and bell peppers in olive oil until coated and salt and pepper to it.
- Now add vegetables to a hot grill or in oven and cook until caramelized and tender. Grill about 5 minutes on each side and take off of the grill.
- To assemble your sandwich start by applying the oil on the inside of each baguette.
- Next apply a layer of hummus on each sandwich and top with grilled veggies. Place the sandwich on the grill or on the cast iron skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
Over to you:
Serve this Hummus and Veggie Panini with a bowl of healthy homemade Soup and it was a perfect light meal for lunch or dinner. Do try this recipe and if you like it then let us know in the comments section below. Take care!
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: