Hummus Quinoa Bowl
By Nmami Agarwal
This classic hummus quinoa bowl is extremely healthy and easy to prepare recipe as you can prepare it by just mixing quinoa, hummus, and the seasonal veggies available in your kitchen. Sounds easy right? And that doesn’t mean it doesn’t taste good, it’s creamy, yummy, and perfect to include in your cook book!
Quinoa is an extremely nutritious food as it its rich in protein, fiber, magnesium, vitamin, calcium, phosphorus, and essential amino acids. Study shows that quinoa can improve metabolic health while reducing blood sugar, insulin, and triglyceride levels. As this recipe comprises of both quinoa and chickpeas so this meal can be an excellent source of protein for vegetarians and vegans.
- 2 cup water
- chickpeas (cooked)=15g
- peas (boiled)=10g
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Energy= 122 kcal
Carbohydrate= 18.8 g
- In a blender combine chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, cumin powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Blend the mixture until you get smooth and creamy hummus like consistency. Keep aside.
- To cook quinoa, put it into the pan while adding double amount of water.
- Add salt and put the pan over medium heat. Bring it to boil or until water is absorbed by the quinoa and it is cooked.
- Now add cooked quinoa, peas, and prepared hummus in a bowl and mix well.
- Season this with salt and pepper according to your taste and serve.
Over to you
Eating and exercise go hand in hand and remember to fuel you properly with right food before and after a workout. And this recipe is worth adding to your diet as it is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and protein.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: