Homemade Banana Walnut Muffins
By Nmami Agarwal
Muffins are generally very sweet and bear high calories. However, you can ditch them and have these muffins as your evening snack with your tea. These muffins are prepared with ripe banana and walnuts and you can also add oats as per your liking. Sugar is not advisable to be used as the ripe bananas can provide enough sweetness to the muffins. Still if you feel like adding some, you can use coconut sugar instead.
Ripe bananas are a good source of several vitamins and minerals like vitamin C , magnesium and potassium. Walnuts are an amazing provider of anti-oxidants and they also contain omega-3 fat which helps in reducing heart disease risks. Oats provide a unique type of fibre called beta-glucan which helps in lowering down cholesterol and comes with a varied range of health benefits.
- ½ ripe banana(mashed)
- 4 gm (2 ) walnuts(chopped)
- 20 gm whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp rolled oats
- Some walnuts for garnishing
Calories: 168 Kcal
Proteins: 4.2 gm
Fats: 3 gm
Carbs: 31.5 gm
- Sieve whole wheat flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, take mashed bananas, vanilla essence and walnuts. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and oats. Add sugar if you want to. Mix them well.
- Spoon the mixture in paper cups.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into the muffins comes out clean.
- Garnish them with some more walnuts.
- Serve warm.
Over to you
Have these muffins with your tea and your evening snack is sorted! These muffins do not contain lot of sugar which makes them apt to eat and have health benefits along with. The usual replacement of refined flour with whole wheat flour is another healthy factor. This muffin is laden with all the essential nutrients and is a complete relish!
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: