Healthy Date Pudding
By Nmami Agarwal
This recipe is meant for anyone who wants to cut down on the sugar part. You can always experiment with every kind of food and pudding is on the list. This healthy date pudding recipe features no use of sugar whatsoever and amounts for the healthier side as it contains oats and wheat flour along with almond milk.
Dates contain high amounts of fibres which helps preventing constipation. It also contains antioxidants like flavonoids, carotenoids, and phenolic acid and is known to boost brain health. Oats have fibres and they provide good amounts of carbs to your diet. The best part is that they are gluten-free and are rich in proteins too. Wheat promotes gut health and also contains phosphorus, selenium and copper. Almond milk is a good source of vitamin E which helps in reducing inflammation and stress.
- 20 gm oats flour
- 20 gm wheat flour
- 15 gm dates (pitted/ de-seeded)
- 20 ml almond milk
- 1/2 tsp almonds (chopped)
Calories: 220 Kcal
Fats: 3.7 gm
Proteins: 6.2 gm
Carbs: 37.6 gm
- Take dates in a bowl and add some almond milk. Smash them with a fork and let it soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Add oats flour and wheat flour to the dates mix and combine it well. Add almond milk if needed to get desired consistency. Add chopped almonds and mix well.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350F until the center feels firm.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool for 10-15 minutes. Serve.
Over to you
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this healthy no-sugar dessert. Dates provide the desired amount of sweetness to the dessert and almond milk makes it just better. So, give this recipe a try and give your heart the dose of happiness.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: