By Nmami Agarwal
This sweet and sour kadhi recipe is one of the best recipe from Gujrati cuisine. Unlike other kadhi recipes this gujrati kadhi recipe is prepared without pakora and is sweetened by little bit of jaggery. Consistency of this kadhi is comparatively thinner and is surely going to excite your taste buds while serving along with rice, khichdi, or vegetable pulav.
This recipe is loaded with vitamins and minerals which help in improving body functions and growth. Besan and curd is rich in protein, calcium, and phosphorus which helps in dealing anemia, and promotes bone growth. Kadhi is also low in glycemic index which makes it perfect for people dealing diabetes as it reduces blood sugar level.
- 10 grams fresh curd
- 1 ½ cup water
- 20 grams besan (gram flour)
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 pinch asafetida (hing)
- 2-3 curry leaves (kadipatta)
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ginger and green chili paste
- ½ teaspoon jaggery (gud)
Calories: 133.2 Kcal
Protein: 3.73 g
Fats: 6.46 g
Carbohydrates: 14.9 g
- Whisk curd, besan and water together and mix well till no lumps are left. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds to it.
- When seeds start to crackle add asafetida and curry leaves to it and sauté for few seconds.
- Add the prepared curd and besan batter to the kadhai and also add salt, ginger green chili paste and jaggery to it as well.
- Cook gujarati kadhi on medium flame for 5 minutes while stirring continuously. Reduce the flame and let the batter cook for up to fifteen minutes while stirring continuously.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve along with hot rotis and rice.
Over to you:
This easy to make, healthy kadhi recipe takes just 30 minutes to prepare and can be enjoyed at any time of the year for lunch or even dinner. Try making it once and bring the flavors of Gujarat into your own kitchen.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: