Green Pea Upma
By Nmami Agarwal
Green pea upma is a healthy recipe for the breakfast. It is made with healthy and stomach filling green peas and lightly roasted semolina. The garnishing of mustard seeds, coriander, and curry leaves makes it even more delicious and healthful.
Green peas are an excellent source of protein, fiber, and many nutrients and antioxidants. They can help in the prevention of chronic illness and sometimes even cancer. It is a low GI food and supports the control of blood sugar levels. The fiber in green peas also improves digestion.
Calorie: 173 Kcal
Carbohydrates: 29 gm
Protein: 5.6 gm
Fats: 2.2 gm
- 30 gm Semolina, roasted
- 30 gm Green peas
- 20 gm Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 Cups Hot water
- 1 Teaspoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 sprig Ginger, grated
- To taste Salt
- 2 sprigs Fresh coriander leaves
- 1 sprig Curry leaves (sautéed)
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped onions and sauté till colour changes to translucent and then add green chilies and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add roasted semolina and green peas and sauté for 2 minutes and add hot water.
- Add and mix salt to taste. Cover the lid and cook on low flame till the water is absorbed and semolina and green peas are cooked.
- Serve hot with chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut.
Over to you
Green pea upma is a filling breakfast recipe. The recipe has all the beautiful colours, flavors and healthy components which you need to add in your diet. Green pea is what you need to get your fiber, protein, and nutrients that will affect your weight as well.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: