Green Goodness Sandwich
By Nmami Agarwal
Greens are lovely, and healthy. They value add any recipe with their goodness of essential phytonutrients. Such is this delicacy rich with goodness of greens. Let’s get started!
Spinach is an excellent source of iron and calcium. It is great for iron deficiency anaemia, and a vegan option for stronger bones. Kale leaves are rich in calcium, potassium, Vitamin C, and folate. It effectively lowers cholesterol levels, and provides an immunity boost to your body.
- Spinach – 2-3 leaves
- Kale – 30 gm (chopped)
- 2 slice Multigrain bread
- 2 onion greens (spring onion)
- Few leaves of mint
- Oregano Seasoning – ½ tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Pepper- as per taste
- ½ tsp olive oil
Calories: 176 Kcal
Proteins: 6.8 gm
Fats: 4.4 gm
- Add oil in a wide pan
- Once heated, add spinach, kale, onion greens, and mint leaves. Let the greens blanch for about a minute.
- Take off from heat and blend to a fine paste.
- Add oregano, salt and pepper to the greeny good paste
- Lightly toast bread slices
- Apply the green paste on to the bread slices, and your green goodness sandwich is ready.
Over to you:
This sandwich is an excellent way to eat your greens apart from the traditional way of having them in the form of salads.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: