Ginger Sesame Tofu Pot
By Nmami Agarwal
All good in a pot! Pot recipes are a complete meal in itself. This recipe showcases tofu as the main ingredient which is highly nutritious. Sesame seeds and ginger give it just the right touch of awesomeness and then is baked into goodness.
Tofu is a source of high proteins and is low in calories. They contain isoflavones which are known to have various health benefits such as reducing heart disease risks. Sesame seeds are known to boost metabolic function and helps in keeping the heart healthy. It is also rich in fibres which helps in aiding digestion. Ginger is known to bear anti-inflammatory properties and helps reduce symptoms of nausea and morning sickness.
- 50 gm tofu (extra firm)
- 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp ginger (grated)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Salt to taste
Calories: 84 Kcal
Fats: 5 gm
Proteins: 4.8 gm
Carbs: 2.2 gm
- Slice tofu in about 1-inch square cubes or as per your preference.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sesame oil, ginger, garlic and salt. Pour the mixture over the pieces of tofu and allow it to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and place a parchment sheet in a baking tray. Carefully place each slice on the sheet and sprinkle some sesame seeds and grated ginger over it.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then rotate the sheet, if necessary and pour some more marinade if you want to. Bake for another 15 minutes until the liquid becomes dry.
- Serve hot.
Over to you:
The dish is totally overwhelming and easy to prepare. The sesame seeds and ginger give the dish a distinctive taste that is absolutely drool-worthy. So, grab this pot full of awesomeness and load yourself with nutrients your body needs.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: