By Nmami Agarwal
From the streets of Bihar Ghugni is a popular food made from black chickpea sand veggie delights like onion, tomatoes, and spices which makes your meal nutritious and tasty. There are many variations of making ghugni, it can be prepared from yellow, white, and green chickpeas. The recipe that we have shared here is prepared from black chickpeas and this is a very homely version prepared in authentic Bihari style.
Black chickpeas are the main ingredient of this recipe which is high in dietary fiber and rich in vitamins and minerals. Tomatoes is the another main ingredient of this recipe which is a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.This perfect recipe gives you all the nutrients you will ever require to live a fit and healthy life. It has low saturated fat and cholesterol, high fiber content, and rich complex carbohydrates.
- 20g – black chickpeas (soaked, drained and boiled)
- 1- teaspoon mustard oil
- 20 g- small onion
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon ginger (finely chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 15 g- Tomato
- ½ teaspoon – Fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 Green chili chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Coriander leaves (to garnish)
Calories – 117.6 kcal
Proteins – 4.6 g
Fat – 5.4 g
Carbohydrates – 11.4 g
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add chopped onion, cumin seeds, bay leaf to the pan and sauté till it gets lightly browned.
- Now add ginger, turmeric powder, chopped tomato to it and mix. Add little water and sauté it till the tomato becomes pulpy.
- Add boiled chickpeas to it and mix well. Also add 2 tablespoon water and salt to it.
- Add green chilies, garammasala powder to it and mix well. Cook this on the medium heat for around 5 minutes.
- Drizzle some lemon juice to it and garnish with chopped onion, tomatoes, and coriander leaves.
Over to you:
Ghugni is usually served along with roti but you can also pair this up with plain steamed rice. So do try this warm, healthy, and nutritious curry recipe at your home and make the most of the winters!
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: