By Nmami Agarwal
Gehun khichdi is a healthy replacement to normal rice khichdi. Gehun adds healthiness to khichdi by adding dietary fiber and B vitamins.
Whole wheat is rich in fiber and B vitamin. It supports digestion and weight loss. Gehun helps in preventing heart diseases, stroke, and colon and breast cancer. Vitamin E and B vitamin also help in improving mental health and preventing diseases like Alzheimer’s disease.
- 30 gm whole wheat (gehun)
- 20 gm yellow moong dal
- ½ teaspoon mustard oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Low-fat curd for serving
Calories: 144 Kcal
Carbohydrates: 24 gm
Fats: 2.8 gm
Proteins: 4.7 gm
- Clean and wash a cup full of whole wheat.
- Soak the whole wheat in water overnight. Drain well.
- Grind wheat in a mixer without using water to a coarse paste.
- Add cumin seed, green chilies and hing to heated oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add the whole wheat coarse paste and moong dal and sauté for few seconds on a medium flame.
- Add 3 ½ cup of hot water, turmeric water, and salt. Mix well and pressure cook for 6 whistles.
- Let go steam before opening the lid and mix well.
- Serve with low-fat curd.
Over to you
Gehun khichdi has numerous health benefits, easy to prepare and a filling meal. It supports your weight loss plans without the feeling of starvation and it is good for diabetic patients.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: