By Nmami Agarwal
Hummus is a Mediterranean dip made with all healthy ingredients like chickpeas, sesame seeds. Garlic mellows the hummus and adds up the strong and pungent taste.
Garlic helps in reducing LDL cholesterol level which lowers the risk of heart diseases. Garlic contains antioxidants that help in preventing chronic diseases like Alzheimer and dementia. It also helps in combating the common cold. Chickpeas are rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals which also yield a variety of health benefits.
- 20 grams soaked white chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon low fat curd
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1/2 tablespoon roughly chopped garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil (for drizzling)
- Salt to taste
Calories: 114 Kcal
Carbohydrates: 13.2 gm
Fats: 4.1 gm
Proteins: 4.3 gm
- Pressure cook chickpeas for 2-3 whistles
- Combine chickpeas, red chili paste, sesame seeds, garlic, and curd with 2 tablespoon water.
- Blend until the whole mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve chilled
Over to you
Hummus is a dip which can go well with several foods and salads. It is easy to prepare and all these ingredients make it really beneficial. Hummus can experiment with several ingredients like green chickpeas and cumin seeds.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: