By Nmami Agarwal
Frittata is a dish made by baking the egg. It tastes good and makes you eat vegetables in the morning, which you would normally skip. This quick healthy meal will give you energy as it’s packed with protein from the eggs, fiber and healthy carbs hence, giving you energy for the whole day. Frittata can also be a good option for dinner or lunch.
Perception about the role of eggs in the diet has changed over time. Eggs are a good source of high protein, vitamin D,selenium and minerals. Its easily available and key for keeping the bone and immune system healthy.Mixed along with vegetables its nutritional value gets increased.Eating foods rich in vegetables may reduce the risk for stroke, cancer, heart diseases.Let’s try this Quick and easy recipe.
- Butter 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion 10 gm (chopped)
- Bell pepper 10 gm (chopped)
- Broccoli 5 gm (chopped)
- Zucchini 5 gm (chopped)
- Mushrooms 10 gm (chopped)
- Spinach 10 gm (chopped)
- Coconut milk 1/3 cup
- 1 eggs
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper as per taste
Calories – 144.2 KCAL
Proteins – 6.46 g
Fat – 12 g
Carbohydrates – 3.26 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a nonstick pan, add butter and sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add the vegetables and cook for few minutes (don’t cook completely)
- Now in a bowl, crack an egg whisk along with coconut milk, salt, and pepper
- Now grease the baking tray with butter
- Add the sauté vegetables in the baking tray and pour over the egg mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Remove the baking tray from the oven, allow it to cool slightly, then slice and serve.
Over to you
Egg consumption depends upon your lifestyle, for having a healthy diet add eggs in it. Intake of eggs solely depends upon your requirement. Always have eggs in moderation or consult your nutritionist for better advice.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: