Fig & Date Halwa
By Nmami Agarwal
Figs and dates are amongst the best possible sources of natural sugar. This halwa recipe is a quick and easy way to satisfy your sugar cravings in a healthier way.
Figs are a good source of natural fibre and thus help in managing healthy digestion. These little wonders are also rich in calcium, and can effectively help in strengthening of bones and reducing cholesterol levels.
Dates are an excellent source of natural sugar, can help in lowering blood pressure, and can help boost brain health.
- Dates- 4 large, pitted
- Figs- 3, dried
- Ghee- ½ teaspoon
- Ground cardamom– ½ teaspoon
- Water- as required
Calories- 210 Kcal
Carbs- 47.3 grams
Protein- 1.8 grams
Fats- 2.5 grams
- Chop figs and dates
- Place chopped figs and dates in a bowl of warm water, for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, blend dates and figs to a smooth consistency
- Now, add ghee in a small sauce pan, let it warm
- Transfer the blended puree’ and stir continuously till the mixture thickens
- Take off from the heat and garnish with cardamom powder
- Serve hot!
Over to you
A perfect sweet delicacy to take care of your unhealthy sweet cravings, in the right portions with goodness of health. Do give this one a try!
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: