By Nmami Agarwal
Diwali is here and meanwhile, all shops are lined with sinful sweets and greasy snacks it’s better to be watchful for your health. Yes desserts are the highlight of the festival and Diwali is incomplete without a touch of sweet dish.
In that case it’s better to prepare hand-made sweets. By doing so you can control the amount of sugar and ghee you’re adding in your diet. You can try this badam katli recipe which can be prepared instantly with only just few ingredients listed below.
Almonds are packed with vitamins, minerals, protein and fiber hence it has various number of health benefits. It is good source of vitamin-E which prevents our cells against damage on a daily basis and prevent from artery-clogging oxidation of cholesterol on daily basis.
Milk used in this recipe is good source of quality protein and contains all essential amino acids. Drinking milk reduce the risk of age-related muscle loss. It offers healthy bones and teeth as it is a good source of calcium and vitamin D. Adequate vitamin D level
support the production of serotonin, a hormone associated with mood, appetite and sleep.
- Almonds- 15g
- Cow’s milk- 30ml
- A few saffron strands
- Ghee- 1 tspn
- Coconut sugar- 1 tspn
- Cardamom powder- ¼ tspn
Yield: 2 pcs
Calories: 179 kcal
- Combine almonds and hot water in a deep bowl and cover it with a lid.
- Soak for around 2 hours and after draining peel the almonds.
- Blend almonds along with milk to prepare a smooth paste.
- Combine saffron and warm milk in a small bowl. Mix it well and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a non- stick pan. Add almond paste in it and mix it well.
- Simmer the flame for 4-5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add coconut sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cook for another 4 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Pour this mixture into a greased plate and spread it evenly to make a square.
- Cut into equal rectangular pieces using a sharp knife and keep aside to let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Eat right away or store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Over to you
The soft textured and rich flavor of this recipe makes it really irresistible. So, now just keep aside all the thinking process of what sweet dish to prepare and start preparing it.