Date and Almond Balls
By Nmami Agarwal
If you are looking for something healthy and sweet then this recipe is a must try! Instead of eating sweets from the market, prepare healthy recipes at home which is effortless and easy to prepare. Just like this one right here!
Dates are full of nutrients, high in fiber, antioxidants like flavonoids and carotenoids promoting eye health. It also helps promote brain health as they lower down the inflammation rates. Almonds are rich in vitamin E which protects the cells from oxidative damage.
- 35 g black seedless dates, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamon (elaichi) powder
- 10 g desiccated coconut (for rolling)
Calories: 206 Kcal
Fats: 7 g
Proteins: 3 g
Carbohydrates: 28.5 g
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add dates and cook them for 2-3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Turn the flame off, add almonds and cardamom powder. Mix well. Let it cool.
- Once they cool down, divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into round balls.
- Roll the balls into desiccated coconut to coat them properly.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
Over to you
Store these date and almond balls in an air-tight container and you can use them in future too. Justpack some along with the ordinary meal your you and your family.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: