By Nmami Agarwal
Pandoli is a famous Gujarati snack made with a unique style called double boiler. Chola dal used in this recipe with nutrients loaded like protein, iron, calcium and folic acid. You can make this dal pandolis in moulds is you wish. We have added little spinach to give these pandolis an interesting colourful. Apart from spinach, you can add any leafy vegetable of your choice.
Chola (chickpea) dal is rich in fiber which helps in lowering your cholesterol levels. Also, it has a hypoglycemic index, which is beneficial for people with diabetes. Chola dal is a loaded food source of folate, zinc, calcium and protein. Last but not the least it is low in fat and most of it has polyunsaturated. Spinach contains several essential vitamins and minerals like potassium, magnesium, vitamins B6, B9 and E. Also, spinach is an extremely nutrient dense leafy vegetable which has high amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, carotenoids, folic acid, iron and calcium aiding your health in several ways.
- 20 grams Chola dal ((chickpea)
- 50 grams chopped spinach
- 1-2 roughly chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp low-fat curd
- a pinch of asafoetida (Hing)
- salt to taste
Course: Evening Snack
Calories: 97 kcal
Protein: 4.88 grams
Carbs: 13.95 kcal
- Soak chola dal in a deep bowl for at least 3 hours. Drain the water well afterwards.
- Put chola dal, spinach, green chillies, curd and 1 tbsp water in a grinder and grind it till smooth.
- Move mixture in a deep bowl, add the asafoetida and salt and mix it well.
- Tie a muslin cloth on the top of a deep vessel, half-filled with water and heat till it gets boiled.
- Put a spoonful of the batter on a muslin cloth. You can make 5 pandolis at a time.
- Cover the vessel with a dome-shaped lid and let the pandolis steam for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot with mint chutney.
Over to you
It might seem like green idly when served but the taste of it will be different and more appealing to your tongue. Try this dal pandolis with mint chutney to get the best taste of it.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: