Crispy Sesame Salmon Cakes
By Nmami Agarwal
Who said cakes are meant to be sweet always? These crispy salmon cakes provide an amazing taste of salmon topped with sesame seeds. They are light and filled with nutrients and are baked into awesomeness. The crispiness comes from whole wheat breadcrumbs. This dish is definitely a try when you are craving for some snacks and can be best served with sauté vegetables.
Salmon is a fatty fish enriched with omega-3 fatty acids which is good for heart health and is known to lower blood pressure. It is also a good source of protein which is essential for body build up and provides B-vitamins which are needed for the production energy. Sesame seeds help in boosting metabolic functions and also promote digestion. They are known to reduce the bad cholesterol levels. Egg white contains the most amounts of proteins and is free of cholesterol making them totally apt for people who want to lose weight.
- 1/4 small onion (finely chopped)- 17 gm
- 1/2 stalk of celery (finely chopped)
- 70 gm salmon
- 1 egg white (lightly beaten)
- 2 tsp whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp fresh parsley
- ½ tsp olive oil
- Salt as required
- ½ tsp Lemon juice
Course: Lunch/ Dinner
Calories: 207 Kcal
Proteins: 20.9 gm
Fats: 9.8 gm
Carbs: 10.3 gm
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Grease the baking tray with some olive oil.
- Heat 1/2 tsp of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery and stir. Cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add parsley and remove from the heat.
- Take salmon in a bowl. Add egg and the onion mixture; mix well. Add breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Mix and shape them into 4-5 patties about 2-3 inches wide.
- Place them into the baking tray and add sesame seeds on top. Bake them for 15-20 minutes.
- When the cakes are cooked through, take them out and top them with some lemon juice.
- Serve hot.
Over to you
Savour these crispy salmon cakes with some sauté veggies to fill your hunger needs. This dish is filled with the delicious blend of nutrients and is totally healthy. The most amazing part is that they are baked and not fried so; you can definitely add them in your diet.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: