By Nmami Agarwal
This crispy murmura namkeen is made up of healthy and delicious puffed rice. It’s very simple to make and is perfect for light snacking. In this murmura namkeen, peanuts, fox nuts and chana are also added along with assortment of spices, making it healthy and super tasty. It’s great to carry with you while traveling.
Puffed rice is free from fats and sodium. Contains small amount of some minerals, including iron, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc. Puffed rice also considered as a high-glycemic food, which means it’s digested and absorbed quickly. Fox nuts used in the recipe are low in cholesterol, fat and sodium. They are also beneficial to those who are suffering from high blood pressure, heart diseases and obesity because of their high magnesium and low sodium content. Peanuts are added for that crunchy taste in the recipe which is rich in essential nutrients like fiber, protein, minerals, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, and antioxidants.
- 20 g Puffed rice/ Murmura
- 2.5 g Peanuts
- 5-6 Phoolmakhana/ fox nuts (roasted)
- 5 g cup chana (roasted)
- ½ teaspoon Mustard seeds
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon chat masala
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon of oil
Energy– 145.4 Kcal
Protein– 2.3 grams
Fat– 3.9 grams
Carbohydrate– 22.5 grams
- Dry roast puffed rice and fox nuts while constant stirring on medium flame. Transfer this on a plate and keep it aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add peanuts and dry roast them on a low flame until peanuts are roasted nicely.
- Now, add mustard seeds to the oil and let it splutter. Also add turmeric powder, chili powder, salt to it and mix well.
- Immediately add puffed rice, roasted chana, and fox nuts to it and mix well on low heat until everything is roasted well and crisp.
- Take it off from the heat and cool completely and store.
Over to You:
Store this murmura namkeen in an air tight container so that you can relish it for next two months. Pack some while travelling as it’s not only going to taste incredible when served along with tea or coffee but you’ll also get few a nutrients.