Cooling Watermelon Cucumber and Basil Salad
By Nmami Agarwal
Get ready to welcome the colorful season of Spring with a colorful addition to your healthy plate. This cooling watermelon cucumber and basil salad is all what you need to begin spring on a healthier note.
Cucumber is low in calories but really high in many vital nutrients. It helps in keeping your body hydrated, helps in weight management and can also effectively lower your blood pressure levels.
Watermelon is a heart healthy summertime fruit that can lower inflammation and oxidative stress in the body, while helping to keep it cool.
- Cucumber 50 gm (diced)
- Watermelon 100 gm (cubed)
- 1 tbsp basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 5 grams walnuts (dry roasted)
Calories: 59 Kcal
Carbs: 5.8 grams
Protein: 1.4 grams
Fats: 2.1 grams
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon and cucumber.
- Add the basil leaves, and finally add roasted walnuts.
- Your cooling watermelon cucumber basil salad is ready.
Over to you
Spring marks the end of winters, and beginning of summers. All of us generally tend to eat more during winters, so it is essential to feed your body with cooling and light foods to welcome summers in best of health.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: