By Nmami Agarwal
Conventional is boring! Chicken jalfrezi is cooked in a unique way. The tomatoes are not fried, instead the chicken is fried first and then topped with raw chopped tomatoes and let them simmer. The authentic tastes of tomatoes and ginger are made to soak into the chicken which gives the dish its distinctive taste.
Chicken is very nutritious and the healthiest choice to go for. The breast part of the chicken carries most amount of the proteins and is low in calories. Proteins help in the buildup of body muscles and tissues and also help in repairing them. Tomatoes are a good source of fibers and contain great amounts of vitamin C, K and potassium. Potassium is a healthy mineral which helps reducing high blood pressure and cardiovascular problems.
- 100 gm skinless chicken breast (cut into large chunks)
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 small tomato (chopped) 60 gm
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp ginger (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp garlic (grated)
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Lemon to squeeze
Course: Dinner/ Lunch
Calories: 168 Kcal
Fats: 5.2 gm
Proteins: 22 gm
Carbs: 5.2 gm
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add onion and garlic and fry until they turn golden-brown for 4-5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix red chilli powder, turmeric and salt together to combine them well and add chicken pieces to marinate them. Now, add the coated chicken into the pan and fry for 10-15 minutes until it turns golden-brown and is cooked.
- Add chopped tomatoes, ginger and coriander into the pan and reduce the heat until the mixture simmers.
- Add some water if the mixture appears too dry and stir occasionally. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 20-30 minutes more.
- Squeeze some lemon juice to taste.
- Serve hot.
Over to you
Pair this delicious chicken recipe with a small bowl of rice or a chapati. For all the people who work out, chicken is the healthiest option to go for and this unique recipe will make you want to eat it. It’s super easy to cook and tastes absolutely amazing.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: