Carrots Oats Dosa
By Nmami Agarwal
Traditional food is something on which we generally hog over. Here we are with the twist in traditional dosa- carrots and oats dosa is the perfect meal to add in your meal. So, ditch the traditional dosa and give it a healthier toss!
Carrots are packed with vitamins, antioxidants and many more nutrients. It reduces the risk of developing cancer, promotes heart health, and improves vision and benefit the overall health. Oats are impressively nutritious. Rich in antioxidants and fiber, oats manage cholesterol, improve blood sugar levels and stimulate immunity. The carrot oats dosa is extremely health-giving and appetizing.
Calories- 247 Kcal
Carbs- 8.4 grams
Protein- 10.7 grams
Fats- 4.3 grams
- 1 small carrot
- 50 grams brown rice, soaked for 3-4 hours
- 20 grams thick rolled oats
- 20 grams sprouted urad dal
- 1 dried red chili
- 1/4 tsp asafetida (hing)
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1/4 cup curry leaves
- 50 grams fresh yogurt
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil for greasing
- In a grinder, add brown rice, oats, dal, chilies, asafoetida, coriander, ginger and curry leaves, carrot and blend together.
- Add curd for a smooth, fluffy and thick consistency. Add water if required to ensure the consistency.
- Pulse the grinder till mixture is prepared.
- In a pan, heat oil.
- On a low flame, pour a ladle of the batter and spread properly.
- Drizzle some oil and cook from both sides till golden-brown.
- Fold and serve hot.
Over to you
Try healthy everyday while choosing your food. Try this carrot dosa to add more nutritional punch to your diet and nourishment to the body. Bookmark, and spread the word!
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: