Carrot Coriander Idli
By Nmami Agarwal
The carrot coriander idli is a wholesome and appetizing meal with the aromatic south-Indian flavors along with the additional sweet and nutritious flavours of carrot and coriander.
Carrot is extremely healthy. It’s rich in vitamin A, fiber and antioxidants. Improves vision, prevents the risk of developing chronic diseases and stimulates immunity. Coriander is a source of dietary fiber. It’s rich in minerals as well as vitamins. It promotes nervous system and boost memory, manages diabetes, controls cholesterol and aids in digestion. The carrot coriander idli is a very nutritive meal.
- 30 grams semolina
- 10 grams urad dal (soaked)
- 40 grams fresh low fat curd
- ½ small carrot, chopped
- 15 grams chana dal
- Few coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Salt to taste
Calories: 225 Cal
- In a grinder, combine urad dal, semolina, chana dal and curd. Grind till a thick and smooth paste is prepared. Set aside the batter.
- Mix together grated carrot, coriander leaves and ginger-garlic paste.
- Add the carrot mixture in the prepared batter.
- Grease the idli moulds properly and pour the batter into it.
- Steam for about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with sambar.
Over to you
Rather than sticking to traditional dishes, play around a little by simply adding nutritious flavours. To experiment, try with this recipe and let us know the comment section below.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: