By Nmami Agarwal
Are you still figuring out the healthy options for the breakfast menu? So, here’s the buckwheat dhokla is the better alternative for your healthy and nourishing family. Buckwheat dhokla has loads of nutrients which is also easy-to-cook as well. Also, it is a magical therapy for those people who are suffering from diabetes and cardiovascular problems.
Buckwheat dhokla has enough folate, helps to prevent major birth defects concerning the baby’s brain., so it is a healthy food option to consume during the course of pregnancy.
Buckwheat dhokla is a good source of iron and rich in potassium. Being a mother you always worry about your tiny toddler teeth and bones. This multi nutritious and toothsome dhokla help you to get rid of teething problems. In as much, it’s rich in Magnesium and Calcium, & good for the formation of bones and teeth. Good for you, good for baby!
- 30 grams buckwheat flour
- 20 grams sour curd (khatta dahi)
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 1/4 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
- Water- as required
- salt to taste
Please Note: The ingredients listed are for 2 pieces of dhokla. Kindly increase or decrease the quantity as per serving requirement.
Calories: 51 Kcal
Carbohydrates: 9.2 gm
Protein: 1.8 gm
Fat: 1.1 gm
- Combine buckwheat flour, curd and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside to soak for at least 4 to 5 hours.
- Add the green chilly paste, ginger paste and salt and mix very well.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 175 mm. (7″) diameter thali and spread evenly by rotating the thali clockwise.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make 1 more thali.
- Cool slightly, cut into pieces and serve immediately.
Over to you
Try this low calorie and vitamin-rich dhokla in your breakfast that can enhance your healthy lifestyle. Share this palatable recipe with your loved ones and make their life healthy and nutritious too.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: