Broccoli Omelet Toast
By Nmami Agarwal
The greener the better! Load up on the nutrients of eggs by adding some amazing exotic vegetables to your ordinary omelet. This is exactly what we did in the recipe by adding fresh broccoli and parsley. Serve it along with a slice of toasted multigrain bread and you’re good to go.
Broccoli is a nutrient rich vegetable filled with fibers, proteins, vitamin C, iron and potassium. It helps in preventing cancer and also lowers down the bad cholesterol levels. Eggs are a good source of protein needed by the body to build muscles and tissues. They containlutein and zeaxanthin, antioxidants which helps in improving the eye health.
- 6-7 broccoli florets
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 slice of multigrain bread, toasted
Calories: 189 Kcal
Fats: 5.3 gm
Proteins: 9 gm
Carbohydrates: 15 gm
- Heat a non-stick skillet with olive oil. Add broccoli and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Beat egg, parsley leaves, salt and chili flakes. Pour this mixture to the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and then flip omelet and cook 2 minutes more until cooked through.
- Serve with toasted multigrain bread.
Over to you
This recipe is definitely a yes to your quick breakfast meal. It’s filled with essential nutrients to start your day with and is absolutely delicious.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: