Black Rice and Spiced Corn
By Nmami Agarwal
This recipe is supremely nutritious and very filling. The aromatic seasonings give it a distinctive flavor and relish. The combination of duo is filled with lots of health benefits that will give your lifestyle a different change
Key Ingredients and Benefits
Black rice is rich in antioxidants and dietary fiber. It’s a natural detoxifier. It promotes good heart health and prevents the risk of diabetes. It lowers inflammation, aids in digestion and helps in weight loss. Corn is a good source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It benefits the overall health and stimulates immunity. Black rice and spiced corn is very health-giving and scrumptious.
- 30 grams black rice
- 20 grams fresh corns
- 1 tea spoon mustard oil
- 20 grams finely chopped onions
- 2 ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tea spoon pumpkin seeds, dry-roasted
- 3/4th tea spoon cumin seeds
- ¼ ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Calories- 136 Kcal
Carbs- 25.7 grams
Protein- 4.5 grams
Fats- 2.6 grams
- In a pan, heat oil. Add onion and sauté till it turns translucent.
- Add in cumin seeds, cardamom, salt, rice and broth. Give a soft stir.
- Boil the broth for about 40 minutes, till the rice is tender and liquid absorbed.
- When the rice is cooked, add corns to it. Cover with a lid and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the rice in a bowl and garnish with the pumpkin seeds.
- Serve hot!
Over to You
Hearty, Nutritious and colorful black rice and spiced corn recipe is the best option for your dinner. Stay healthy with this delicious recipe and share it with your friends and family
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: