By Nmami Agarwal
This popular street food recipe from Indore (Madhya Pradesh) is liked by people of all age groups. Simple ingredients are used to prepare this delicious recipe like grated corn, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and green chili. This perfect recipe is quite filling and taste delicious too. A perfect recipe for all the health conscious people out there.
Corns are rich in dietary fiber, proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, iron, magnesium, potassium, copper, selenium, and phosphorus. Being rich in fiber this dish helps in preventing constipation and helps gaining weight with other nutrients. Being rich in vitamins this dish also helps in boosting immune system.
- 2 tablespoon corn
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- Salt as required
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-2 finely chopped green chili
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1 pinch asafetida
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 20 ml cup milk (tonned/cow’s milk)
- 1 teaspoon of grated coconut for garnishing
- Few finely chopped coriander leaves
Course: Breakfast or Evening
Calories: 92 Kcal
Protein: 1.4 g
Fat: 6.9 g
Carbs: 5.6 g
- Add corn in a grinder jar and grind into a coarse paste. Transfer the corn paste to a bowl and keep aside.
- Now, place a pan over medium flame and add the oil in it.
- When the oil gets hot add mustard and cumin seeds to it.
- Once the seeds start to crackle, add a pinch of asafetida, ginger and finely chopped green chilies to it and sauté for few seconds.
- Then add grated corn, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt to it and sautéuntil the color of the mixture changes slightly.
- Now add milk to the pan and mix well. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook on slow flame until the mixture thickens.
- Turn off the heat, and add lemon juice to it and mix well.
- Garnish it with any greenies of your choice and grated coconut to make the dish more flavorful.
- Finally, transfer it to a serving bowl and enjoy!
Over to you:
An impeccable recipe to serve on occasions like kitty parties, picnic, road trips, and get together. So, try making this mouth-watering dish for your family and friends and get pocketful of compliments. Happy Cooking!