Berry Healthy Crisp
By Nmami Agarwal
Berry berry healthy! This recipe screams healthy! It is prepared with colourful berries loaded with numerous nutritional benefits and come packed with oats and almonds which provide the additional health benefits. It is crispy, crunchy and delicious and will definitely go up on the list of your guilty pleasures.
Berries are a rich source of antioxidants, mainly anthocyanin which prevents cell from free radical damage. They are also high in fibres and provide many vitamins and minerals like vitamin C and manganese. Oats are a good source of carbs and fibre called the beta-glucan which is known to bear many health benefits. They also contain proteins and are gluten-free. Almonds are high in vitamin E which helps in building up cell membranes and protects your cell from damages.
- 20 gm blackberries
- 20 gm blueberries
- 20 gm raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon ;oats
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil (edible)
- 5 almonds (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Calories: 167 Kcal
Proteins: 3.5 gm
Fats: 4.5 gm
Carbs: 20.4 gm
- Preheat oven at 350 degree F.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats with nuts and some coconut sugar and make a crumble. Add a small amount of coconut oil into it. Mix it well.
- In another bowl, take berries and add some cinnamon with them. Mix it.
- Pour the berry mixture into the baking dish on a parchment paper and add the crumble topping on the top.
- Bake in the preheat oven for 10-15 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes, take the baking dish out and allow it to cool.
- Serve warm.
Over to you
This recipe is easy to prepare and hardly takes minutes. It is scrumptious and provides you a whole pack of nutrients. With the goodness of nuts, oats and fruits, this crisp is a must try.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: